Hike along abandoned French railway tracks, through stunning mountain landscapes, and camp by a fire in the middle of the jungle. This tour is perfect for adventurous travelers who are heading to Da Lat from Ho Chi Minh City and are seeking a truly unique experience.
- Follow the tracks of a French railway constructed in 1898
- See the remnants of the French colonial period in the heart of the jungle
- Camp by an abandoned jungle railway station
- Enjoy a campfire BBQ in the company of great people
- 2 days
- All year long
- Krong Pha
- Abandoned Railway and Railway Stations
- Vietnamese Jungle
You will depart early in the morning from Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) and transit to Krong Pha.
Arriving in Krong Pha, you will be treated to a hearty breakfast that is guaranteed to load you with energy for the hike that is ahead.
Your hike will begin from the abandoned Krong Pha Train Station. Follow the tracks of the Cog Railway that will lead you to Da Lat.
You will trek through tropical mountain vistas filled with a stunning array of bio-diversity, pass two abandoned tunnels, and discover perfect solitude at the heart of the jungle.
Arriving at Bellevue Railway Station, you will set up camp for the evening.
Take some time to appreciate finding yourself deep in the jungle, in a place buried in time.
In the evening you will enjoy beer and a delicious BBQ in the company of your comrades.
You will begin the next day with breakfast and coffee before you start the second leg of the journey.
You will pass through three tunnels, one of them the railway's longest.
The tunnels and other landmarks you will pass on the trek are the remnants of a long-gone colonial age. Listen to your guide detail the history of French occupation, and how it shaped Vietnam's culture and history.
Your hike concludes as you arrive at the final train station, the Trai Mat Railway Point. From there, a van will safely transit you to Da Lat City, where your journey comes to an end.
Good to know
- (English and Vietnamese) Professional tour guides and supporters
- Camping gear (tents + sleeping bags + Insulation sheets + tool kits)
- Domestic travel insurance (protection package of 100 millions Vietnam Dong)
- Drinks: 1.5 liters of pure water per day for each pax
- Food: 2 breakfasts | 2 lunches | 1 dinners (include 1 BQQ). There will be a separate menu for vegetarians and people on diets
- Shuttle bus
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Personal expenses
- Tips (optional)