- Visit the historical Cu Chi Tunnels with an knowledgeable local
- Crawl in the tunnels
- See the weapons, machinery and traps used by the Viet Cong
- Shoot out of AK-47 if you wish
When the Cu Chi Tunnels were operational during the American-Vietnam war they stretched an impressive 250 km from Saigon to the Cambodian Border. They were three levels deep and had everything from hospitals, kitchens and dining rooms. Today a small part of this impressive tunnel system can be visited from Saigon to see how life was for the Viet Cong hiding from their enemies in these tunnels. They have actually been widened today so we can fit inside them and take a look inside. For those who wish, there is a firing range where you can shoot out of an AK-47 or MK16.
Departure time: Any time between 07:00 & 14:00
Get pick-up from hotel, and drive 1,5 hour to Cu Chi. Upon arrival at the tunnels, our tour begins with:
• Watch a brief of propaganda video, which explains how the tunnels were used to successfully defeat American military forces in combat.
• The tour continues and the guide explains some traps that were placed in the jungles of Vietnam to either maim American soldiers or create panic amongst the ranks.
• From here, you can enter one of the tunnel entrances and crawl through the tunnels is a real experience to imagine how people could live there for an extended period!
• There is a gin range where you can try to fire an automatic or semi automatic weapons for a fee (this fee is not included)
• Take some rest at the end for a taste of Cu Chi boiled tapioca and thinking what humans are capable of when having to defend their home. Drive back to Saigon.
End of the tour will drop off your hotel or some places in the center as request.
Depart from: Ho Chi Minh
Return to: Ho Chi Minh
Activities: Walking, historical sightseeing
Highlights: Cu Chi tunnels
What to take
We suggest a small, lightweight daypack for cameras, spare film, drinking water and comfortable walking shoes.
Transfer in private air-conditioned vehicle
English speaking guide
All admission fees
Reasonable supply of drinking water
Tips and Gratuities
Have a great trip!
- Car transfer
- Pick up and drop off
- Tour Guide
What's not included:
- Personal Expenses