At its height the tunnel system stretched over 250km from Saigon to the Cambodian border and was three levels deep. The tunnels have been widened for our benefit (otherwise we would not be able to enter them!) For those interested there’s even the opportunity to fire off rounds from an AK47 or MK16 at the nearby rifle range.
Departure time: Any time between 07:00 & 14:00
Get pick-up from hotel, and drive 1,5 hour to Cu Chi. Upon arrival at the tunnels, our tour begins with:
• Watch a brief of propaganda video, which explains how the tunnels were used to successfully defeat American military forces in combat.
• The tour continues and the guide explains some traps that were placed in the jungles of Vietnam to either maim American soldiers or create panic amongst the ranks.
• From here, you can enter one of the tunnel entrances and crawl through the tunnels is a real experience to imagine how people could live there for an extended period!
• There is a gin range where you can try to fire an automatic or semi automatic weapons for a fee (this fee is not included)
• Take some rest at the end for a taste of Cu Chi boiled tapioca and thinking what humans are capable of when having to defend their home. Drive back to Saigon.
End of the tour will drop off your hotel or some places in the center as request.
Depart from: Ho Chi Minh
Return to: Ho Chi Minh
Activities: Walking, historical sightseeing
Highlights: Cu Chi tunnels
What to take
We suggest a small, lightweight daypack for cameras, spare film, drinking water and comfortable walking shoes.
Transfer in private air-conditioned vehicle
English speaking guide
All admission fees
Reasonable supply of drinking water
Tips and Gratuities
Have a great trip!