Explore six amazing caves in the stunning Phong Nha Nature Reserve. Trek into the heart of the jungle, swim inside river caves, marvel at spectacular calcite formations and camp under a blanket of stars.
- Jungle trekking and caving
- Underground swimming
- The only tour to Song Oxalis Cave
- Beautiful jungle campsites
- Excellent food
- 3 days
- All year long
- Phong Nha - Ke Bang National Park Headquarter
- Ken Cave
- Tu Lan Cave
- Song Oxalis Cave
- Tan Hoa Cave
Day 1: Phong Nha- Tan Hoa - Tu Lan
You will be picked up from your hotel between 7.30 and 8 AM from your hotel in Phong Nha. The drive will take an hour to the Oxalis office in Tan Hoa.
Your trek starts with a flat path past a beautiful peanut field and grazing buffalo and cows.
A river crossing leads to a short but steep and rocky uphill section, followed by a downhill trek into the next valley.
Cross the valley on a flat path and enjoy a picnic lunch at the entrance of Hung Ton Cave.
There will be more hills and jungle trekking before you drop down to Tu Lan Valley where you camp for the night.
Finish the day with a swim into Ken Cave. Dinner is prepared and served by the porter team.
After dinner, enjoy chatting with new friends before sleeping in your comfortable tent.
Day 2: Ken Cave - Tu Lan - Hang Kim - To Mo
The following day you will trek and explore three caves: Dry Ken Cave, Tu Lan Cave, and Kim Cave.
From the campsite, trek uphill to the dry cave above Ken Cave, a magnificent cave with many calcite formations.
Return to camp for lunch. After lunch swim into the wet entrance of Tu Lan Cave. A short climb up leads you into the dry passage and exit.
You will then trek around the valley to Kim Cave. Enter the small entrance via a short climb, and follow the dry passage to meet the underground river.
A series of short swims and waterfalls brings you to the beautiful To Mo Valley where you will camp for the second evening.
Day 3: Hung Ton - Rat Cave - Tan Hoa - Phong Nha
After breakfast, a challenging steep hill will lead you to Hang Song Oxalis. This cave has a fantastic display of cave coral. Take your time and appreciate the natural splendor of this cave.
Descend the steep hill for snacks and tea or coffee. Cross To Mo Valley to enter Hung Ton Cave next to the small waterfall.
Swim along to the dry passage, where you will climb a metal ladder with the extra protection of a safety line. Follow the dry journey to the exit. From here, the route follows the same way as the first morning; cross the flat valley, climb a short hill, pass the river, and buffalo fields to the office.
Back at the office, enjoy a welcome shower and a tasty lunch before departing.
Transfer to Phong Nha arriving around 5.30 PM.
Good to know
- Basic camping facilities with eco friendly compost toilet using western toilet seat
- Basic canvas trekking boots
- breakfast (day 2 and 3)
- Camping Gear
- Caving and Safety Gear
- dinner (day 1 and 2)
- Dry Bag (For clothing and personal belongings)
- First aid kit and medical rescue equipment
- Light PVC Backpack (If you do not want to bring your own since it will get wet)
- Meals: picnic lunches
- Porter team to carry camping gear and prepare meals
- Professional English Speaking Guide and guide safety assistant
- Secure storage facility at Oxalis Headquarters to store all luggage you will not be taking on the trek
- Shared dry box for camera and phones
- Water purifier and water bottle
- Personal expenses and tips
- Travel insurance